The Cincinnati Observatory is seeking a Contract Educator to join its staff in providing outstanding educational programming to guests of all ages. The educator will lead day and evening astronomy themed programs both at the Observatory and off-site locations. This position will also assist with public programs and events at the Observatory, and the opportunity includes training on how to use our historic telescopes and lead tours of the Observatory. This position will average 20 hours a week and the contract will run from January 2024 to August 2024.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Teach youth education programs both off-site and at the Cincinnati Observatory, catering to a diversity of learning styles and participant abilities
- Lead public family and adult programing on and off-site
- Assist with special events at the Cincinnati Observatory, including evening and weekend programming
- Coordinate with Observatory’s education team to ensure quality programming
- Other duties as necessary
- Experience teaching students from a variety of age groups including children and adults
- Flexible schedule as program times vary, including nights and weekends
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license for travel to outreach programs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Position Type: Contract from January-August 2024, 15-25 hours a week
Salary and Benefits: $16.00-$18.00/hour based on experience
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter by December 15, 2023 to our Education Manager, Samantha Pepper at email@example.com
No phone calls, please.