Part-Time Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant will assist with several administrative and development tasks that support the work and staff of the Cincinnati Observatory. In addition, this position supports the Observatory’s member communications, donation tracking and acknowledgement, special event planning and more. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director. This is a part-time position.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
● Enter gifts into donor database and issue tax receipts and acknowledgement letters.
● Send renewal reminders to lapsed donors and Observatory members.
● Provide support for fundraisers and events related to donor cultivation and fundraising.
● Assist with other development tasks as needed.
DATA MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
● Manage email and mailing list within the donor database.
● Create and maintain updated donor records and details.
● Send monthly e-newsletters to Observatory groups.
● Complete basic data entry for Observatory financials weekly.
● Prepare deposits, including copying all checks and deposit slips
● Support the Youth Outreach program scheduling and other tasks as appropriate
● Assist Executive Director with scheduling, event planning and other tasks.
● Previous secretarial/administrative experience a plus, including handling and processing income.
● Understanding of and experience with fundraising software, preferably e-Tapestry.
● Attention to detail and Impeccable organizational skills a must
● Ability to work independently.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Pay: $18-$20/hour based on experience, up to 20 hours a week. This position will be onsite with some opportunity for at home work.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Anna Hehman, Executive Director, at email@example.com by May 27, 2022. No phone calls, please.