Planning Your Event
The Observatory is the perfect setting for more intimate events. It is not recommended for larger occasions.
For an indoor event:
No more than 50 guests for a sit-down dinner, or 70 guests for cocktails, is a comfortable number.
For an an outdoor event:
Fewer than 100 guests. This is due to parking availability and limited number of restrooms.
Rentals include the following
- Both historic buildings as well as the parklike grounds.
- Observatory staff and Volunteers to assist your guests
- Tours and viewing (weather permitting) for your guests.
- Use of Observatory banquet tables, high top tables, and 60 chairs.
- Use and cleaning of Observatory navy blue linens.
- Basic set up in place upon arrival and take down after event is over.
- Use of the rental/catering company of your choice.
- A one year membership to the Observatory.
There is free parking in the circle driveway in front of the buildings that can accommodate approximately 40 vehicles. The grounds behind the main building can be used for overflow parking (weather permitting). Valet parking may be required (at your cost) for groups with greater than 75 guests.
Hours & Music
The Observatory is located in a quiet historic neighborhood and we do not allow amplified music outdoors. Music must be played at a reasonable level and events must end by 10 pm. Final tear down and clean up must be completed by 10:30 pm.
Your hosts for your event are the staff and volunteers of the Cincinnati Observatory. They are here to make sure you and your guests have a wonderful event and are always willing to share their expertise in the history of the Observatory, our telescopes and astronomy in general. Hosts will also assist guests while stargazing through our historic telescopes (weather permitting). If you prefer, please consider staff and volunteers for refreshments and food.