Sunday Historical Tours of the Cincinnati Observatory
Available on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month, these tours will run from 1pm - 4pm
From its inception in 1842, the Cincinnati Observatory has served Cincinnati, and the nation, in a wide variety of ways.
During these tours you will learn:
- Learn how Mt. Adams got its name
- The role the Observatory played in Cincinnati's commerce,
- The scientific discoveries
- The beginnings of the National Weather Service.
- History of the observatory's architecture and
- The citizens of Cincinnati who made the observatory possible.
A $5 donation per person is appreciated.