Sunday Historical Tours of the Cincinnati Observatory are Discontinued (For Now)
We hope to provide these history tours again soon. Please check back here for updates.
From its inception in 1842, the Cincinnati Observatory has served Cincinnati, and the nation, in a wide variety of ways.
During these tours you will learn:
- Learn how Mt. Adams got its name
- The role the Observatory played in Cincinnati's commerce,
- The scientific discoveries
- The beginnings of the National Weather Service.
- History of the observatory's architecture and
- The citizens of Cincinnati who made the observatory possible.