Space at Home
Check out our latest educational videos at
Cincinnati Observatory Educators, Sam, Nicole, and Natalia take you on a tour of the 8 planets in our solar system. You can learn a little about each planet and see the differences between them.
- Also try our Solar System Weather Scavenger Hunt to see and learn about all the planets (and collect stickers).
- Test your skills with our Planet Quizzes on Kahoot
- Check out Dean's video to make turn Oreos into Moon phases. Astronomy and eating cookies: It's a winning combination!
- Want to learn more about the Moon? Download our Moon Scavenger Hunt
- Take our fun, online Moon Quiz on Kahoot
- This Moon Phase activity from the Astronomical Society of the Pacific is one of the best! Cut out six Moon phases and arrange them in the proper order Images of the Moon
- This NASA video shows you how to Make a Moon Journal
Reasons for the Seasons
Looking for information about the seasons? The distance to the Sun is NOT the difference between Summer and Winter. It's the unique tilt Earth has as it circles the Sun. This special Star Gazers episode not only shows why we have different seasons, but how James lost all his hair by flying too close to the Sun.
Astronomy Resources to help you Keep Looking Up!
Join our free, online Astronomy Club Cosmic Kids
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and Watch Our Latest Videos
Looking for good space books? Here's our recommendations with The Cincinnati Public Library
Attention artists, try NASA's Space Place Art Challenge
NISE has some amazing Science at Home Projects
Let NASA bring the universe to you with NASA at Home
Teachers and parents, we are doing online programming just for you! Request an Online Program