2023 Calendar Photo Contest
Share Your Astrophotos
The Cincinnati Observatory invites any and all amateur and professional photographers to enter our annual Photo Contest. Winning photographs will be used for our 2023 Cincinnati Observatory Calendar.
The “Best of Show” winner will have the honor of gracing the cover of our annual publication and will be treated to a private reception at the Observatory for up to 20 guests (date subject to availability). Eleven alternate winners will have their winning photos included in the 2023 calendar. All 12 selected participants will also be honored at a special reception night to display their winning photos and receive a personal tour of the Cincinnati Observatory including viewing out of our 1845 telescope (weather permitting). Each recipient will also be given three free 2023 calendars as they are published.
Deadline for all entries will be October 16, 2022. A committee selected by members and staff of the Cincinnati Observatory will review the entries and select the winners. Winners will be announced November 1, 2022.
Contestants must indicate upon entering whether or not they are amateur or professional photographers. The Cincinnati Observatory considers you a professional photographer if you earn more than 20% of your annual income from the sale of your photographs or photography services.
- All photographs must have an Astronomy theme or be taken at the Cincinnati Observatory – On Observatory grounds or inside any of our buildings.
- Contestant may submit up to 5 photos maximum to be considered for publication.
- Amateur and Professional photos will be judged separately.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- Entries must be submitted electronically no later than October 16, 2022.
- All entries must be high resolution images, 300dpi or larger.
For further questions please contact Kelsey Kelsey@cincinnatiobservatory.org